Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Play by Day

I wrote that last post first so I'd be forced to follow up with something more positive and appealing. Here's a compendium of recent pleasurable daytime activities:

The boys' first bath at home led to immediate deep sleep:

 Bruno L, Charlie R

The boys enjoyed time together today on their new play mat:



Milo was not to be outdone:


Addled daddy attempts tandem bottle feeding, and the boys sort of helpfully sort of hold their bottles:


Yesterday night and tonight, we're going it alone, without help from parents or anyone, just to see what that feels like. It is going all right so far, but I think I'd better turn in. Thank goodness all I have to do tomorrow is help care for two babies!

4 comments:

  1. I don't know how to do /two/ babies feeding at the same time. Ada got to the point quickly that she tried to "help" feed herself and we have to semi-regularly hold her arms out of the way and that makes it a two-handed operation. We let her help a little now, but once she's no longer starving to death, she likes to push the bottle in and out of her mouth and make a giant mess, so ... she loses "helping" privileges frequently :)

    Good luck! You've got this, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Looks like you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is my favorite thing in the world! Charlie and Bruno are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This may be the special ed teacher in me, but I watch that little video clip of the boys on the floor every time I need to smile. You say they're not doing much, but, you want to know what I see? Intentional eye contact with each other and response to your voice. 💖🎉

    ReplyDelete