Friday, December 16, 2016

A Succession of Mini-Days

After figuring out infant car seats in super-frigid winter weather in front of the UVA hospital, we relocated our operations to our home yesterday afternoon.  It really struck me how different life now is in our house when I found myself rushing down the stairs with one crying baby in my arms in search of where the sound of the other crying baby was coming from.

In order to keep the babies' weights up, we are feeding and sleeping 8 times a day, in a pretty strict 3-hour cycle.  It usually involves 10 to 60 minutes of sleep.  Consequently, each of these cycles feels like its own mini-day.  We refer to the last cycle as "mini-yesterday" and the next one as "mini-tomorrow.


Charlie on the left, and Bruno on the right., after arriving at home yesterday afternoon.  Charlie was born 2:44p Sunday, Dec 11.  Bruno was born 2:46.


Today, the boys stayed here and the 6:30a and 9:30a mini-days became one.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks like you've really got it all down! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is my daily obsession! I'm showing it to everyone at school, so now the staff at Harlan Elementary is along for the ride. It's a lot of work now, but you can look forward to the days when they will amuse each other. 😍

    ReplyDelete