Friday, December 30, 2016

A Week in the Digs

We had a happy Christmas. Katy's parents Bob and Laura were with us, and we got a visit from my parents and my brother and sister and their spouses. We also FaceTimed with Katy's siblings so that Charlie and Bruno could meet their cousin Hailey. Of course, the boys forgot to pose for pictures amid all the joyous stir. The best they could do was the following feeble attempt on the next day:


A day later, the boys enjoyed their first walk outside. We tried putting them in various wraps, but since they can't hold their heads up yet, they were relegated to the car seat stroller:



Bob and Laura left us on the morning of the 28th to fend for ourselves. We were a little terrified, and sure enough, the boys kept me awake from midnight to 6a. There are just too many reasons to fuss rather than sleeping -- hungry, needs more burping, peed/pooped again. I learned a shortcut: don't try to put him down, just fall asleep together with him on your chest. It is so nice. In the back of my head, a pediatrician was protesting, but at some point the body takes over the mind. Katy practiced this trick a day later:


We've begun giving the boys some play time together on the floor. It looks something like this (Charlie left, Bruno right):


I will leave you with a lovely image of sleep, which is inspiring me right now:


1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is just precious! The boys are filling out and getting so pretty. I know it's a lot of work - but what a gift! Happy New Year with your beautiful family!! 🍼πŸ₯‚πŸΌ

    ReplyDelete